Celebrating 300 Years!
Established in 1715, this year 2015 marks the Tricentennial of Fort Michilimackinac.
In 1715 French soldiers constructed Fort Michilimackinac. This fortified community became the great fur trade center of the Northwest until its relocation to nearby Mackinac Island in 1781. It was here where fur traders and Indians rendezvoused, French and British officers organized war parties and Explorers began their journeys into the vast western unknown.
Click on link for more of: Colonial Michilimackinac History